To properly protect yourself from the always present danger of huge awards for auto liability, it is imperative that you maintain the proper level of coverage for your particular situation.
If you have any doubts about the appropriate level of automobile coverage that’s right for you, we have excellent plans available through reputable auto insurers, and we will be happy to help pinpoint the coverage best suited for your needs.
What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for the damage caused by you to another vehicle or property.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost income and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy also makes optional coverage available to you. Some of these are listed below:
- Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your vehicle for losses not resulting from a collision.
- Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle caused in an accident.
- Roadside Assistance pays for towing or labor expenses when your vehicle breaks down or won’t start.
- Rental Reimbursement pays for the cost to rent a car while your vehicle is being repaired.
Why do you need auto insurance?
- It’s really about protecting yourself financially.
- If you are in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If your passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.